Real-time software IP encoder
Cinegy Encode is a bridge or gateway that allows broadcasters to migrate from an SDI to an IP-based infrastructure in a gradual, step-by-step manner.
It has the ability to convert SD, HD or UHD SDI streams into broadcast-quality, SMPTE-compliant RTP/UDP streams or vice versa. Cinegy Encode can convert multiple streams simultaneously with user-definable quality settings that meet the most demanding broadcast requirements.
Cinegy Encode is ideal for broadcast operations that receive a large number of satellite feeds. Incoming SD, HD or UHD streams from satellites, playout devices and network sources are registered using the Cinegy Route registry server and are converted to broadcast-quality IP video streams in realtime.
Once incoming streams are transferred to the Ethernet network, they are available for logging, editing and other activities, as well as immediate playout, in realtime and without additional transcoding. Two hundred or more streams can be captured, managed and routed simultaneously. Individual streams can be accessed from any point in the network, without generation loss.
Registered RTP streams can be captured from the Ethernet networks via Cinegy Ingest in the same way as other live sources. Cinegy Encode has the ability to ingest SD, HD, UHD SDI or SMPTE-2110 streams and encode them as RTP streams at bitrates up to 200 mbps.
- Supports SD, HD or UHD/4K sources
- SRT and Newtek NDI support
- MPEG-2, H.264, H.265 and HEVC decoding/encoding/transcoding
- Multiple SDI outputs or MPEG-TS IP streams
- AC-3 and decoding/encoding.
- Use of GPU cards for encode / decode offload
Generated MPEG-TS specifications
- Video: MPEG-2, H.264 and HEVC, 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 color space
- Audio: MPEG-audio, AAC and AC-3
Supported boards for SDI or SMPTE-2110 I/O
- AJA Kona and Corvid series
- Blackmagic Design DeckLink and Intensity series
- Deltacast series of SDI and and IP cards